Cruise Wear Update

I have a little over a month before the cruise and I am just now finishing up my first outfit. So now I am wondering why this whole thing sounded like a good idea....Of course, if I had come up with this challenge, say, earlier this summer then it wouldn't be so stressful.

I have had a few roadblocks in the past few weeks. First of all, the only time I get to sew is when my son is down for a nap. That gives me a grand total of an hour and a half each day. I spent half of his nap one morning trying to decide the best way to attach the sleeves to my shirtdress. I tried several different things and eventually just blindly sewed it on and hoped for the best.

Secondly, it took me awhile to receive fabric swatches for some of the outfits that I had ordered. Of course when I went to order them, one of the fabrics was no longer available so I had to order the closest thing.

I am planning on finishing the shirtdress on Friday NO MATTER WHAT. On Saturday I plan to work on the cocktail dress that I am not in love with. I shall post pictures of the shirtdress after it is finished!

I am not sure how much I will be able to do in the next month but I will try my hardest to get the outfits done. Tim always tells me to "Make it work!" And that would be my husband, not Tim Gunn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment